My makeup artistry teacher, Amanda Shackleton, is frequently in the press with beauty tips and articles. I wanted to share this recent piece with you, which gives great step by step instructions for creating beautiful shimmery eyes just in time for the holidays!
Here are a few additional tips regarding applying false lashes:
1. Start by laying the lashes on top of your natural lashes to measure for length. Most of the time you will find that the false lashes are too long and that you need to trim them.
2. Wrap the lashes around your pinkie or ring finger for a few moments, to start to give them a curved shape, to better match the shape of your eyes.
3. I recommend black lash glue, as Amanda stated in her article. I squeeze a small amount out and use a cuticle stick to apply glue all along the strip line, with extra on the ends.
4. Allow the glue to dry slightly and become “tacky” before applying, about 20-30 seconds. I lightly shake or blow on the lashes.
5. Press the lashes right into the lash line, where your eyelid and lashes meet. Pay special attention to the corners, making sure they adhere so that they don’t pop up. I use the clean end of my cuticle stick to press the lashes into the lash line.
Applying lashes can be VERY TRICKY. I only say that to encourage you to try, try and try again rather than giving up after one failed attempt. It is hard doing anything with one eye open! Worst case scenario, enlist the help of a friend or loved one.
Happy Glamming 🙂